Thursday, September 16, 2010

Halloween? Not so much.

Growing up Halloween has always been one of my favorite times of the year, besides Christmas of course. I loved to dress up in my favorite costume, and as I grew up I tried to come up with more creative things to be for Halloween. Now that I am in college Halloween has a whole new meaning. For girls, the less clothes the better the costume. There is no thought into the costume, except which one is shorter, tighter, or hotter. People today don't really wear scary costumes anymore, especially girls. I feel like Halloween has gone in the wrong direction, people are dressing up for the wrong reasons, and for it me it takes the fun out of choosing a good costume to wear. My roommates and I went to Party City recently to look at costumes, and there is not one normal costume for a girl to wear that I wouldn't feel inappropriate in. The costumes hardly looked like the characters they were supposed to be. They all had the same basic look to them except maybe different colors or different accessories. Things have changed so much over the years; Halloween isn't one of my favorite times of year anymore. It sort of just blends in with every other night at a college party.

No comments:

Post a Comment