Monday, November 15, 2010

It Doesn't Make Any Sense, But I Can't Stop Watching It!

As I was looking at Ad Age I saw a link for Best Ads. Of course, curious, I clicked on it and one of the first advertisments on the list was an ad for Orangina. It sounded familiar and as I watched the ad I realized I had Orangina a very long time ago, it tastes a little like Sunkist. I am not quite sure if it is just a coinsidence but lately I have seen advertisements that I watch and after I think to myself, "I don't get it," and yet I will find myself watching the commercial on YouTube because it is so different and interesting. Obviously I think that Orangina and other companies make ads that don't really make sense on purpose, but the weirder they are, I think the larger response they get. I don't know if this kind of advertising works to sell more products but I think it is a cool new approach that many companies are trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment