Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Blame Facebook

I think I speak for most people my age when I say I am always on Facebook. I have accepted the face that I am an addict. Facebook wastes so much of my time and I actually hate it. I realize what I am doing but for some reason I can’t seem to close the web page. Facebook has taken over most common types of communication. Businesses are using it to reach customers. Instead of telling someone happy birthday in person everyone just post on your wall. Facebook is everywhere I go. Every business, every restaurant, every team now has a Facebook. There is even a mobile app you can download so you can take it on the go with you. I think it is fair to say the world is obsessed. Even my parents and their friends have their own Facebook page. It is really interesting how everything connects to Facebook. There is a friendship button you can click and it shows the similarities between you and another person. It records all of your likes from music, movies, and quotations, to friends family and products you say you use. I recently saw the movie “social network” , also about Facebook. It was pretty interesting to see who Mark Zuckerburg created Facebook. I have mixed feelings about Facebook. I love how it connects me to all of my friends and family easily and I can keep in touch, but I hate how it has a huge impact on my life, because it really shouldn’t be. It should be a fun thing people do on the side, only when they have time. There life shouldn’t revolve around it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment