Friday, November 12, 2010

I Miss Walking

One of my favorite quotes is, “you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.” I think it is so true and applies to every situation. When I was in 10th grade I broke my leg playing soccer. I ended up having to be in a cast for four whole months! And to make matters even worse, I was on crutches for 2 months before I could walk with the cast. I never realized how much two healthy legs meant to me. I took being able to walk, run, take a shower without problems for granted.  Everyday tasks became tedious chores. Despite the struggle of everyday tasks, I still went on vacation with my family to Germany for the World Cup. Let’s just say the relaxing vacation was not so relaxing. Getting anywhere with me and my crutches was impossible. It limited so many of the fun things we were able to do, and sights we wanted to see. When I look back there are so many pictures of my family, swimming, biking, and having fun in Germany; and I am not in any of them, I felt so left out. If I could go back into time and do that whole trip over with two healthy legs I would in a heartbeat. I have a new appreciation for the things I am able to do and I know I am so lucky I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment