Monday, November 8, 2010

Are They Worth Anything Still?

When are pennies going to be absolutely useless? It already costs more money to produce a penny then it is actually worth. I don't know anyone who uses pennies as form of payment anymore, they are not worth enough to actually take the time to count them out. Our world revolves around speed, the faster the better. Even actual dollars are being used less today because swiping a credit card is a lot faster. I know I hardly carry around any cash with me anymore. It is easier to keep track of what money is spent on and where all of your money is when it is all on one card, in one spot. In my opinion I think pennies aren't worth the hassel. I have so many pennies in my wallet and my room, and I don't even know what to do with them. I am predicting that sometime in the future we will completely get rid of pennies, and I am sure even farther in the future we will get rid of money all together. Our technology is advancing so quickly that our methods of paying for it must also change with it. Getting things done faster and more efficiently is key to our society today, and pennies are just slowing us down!

No comments:

Post a Comment