Sunday, October 3, 2010

Everyone's Doing It

One of my close friends is a hockey player. I grew into his hobby and began to watch the Stanley Cup Playoff’s with him this summer. His Favorite team is the Chicago Blackhawks. A lot of his family is from there and he lived there for a year, so that has always been his team. He was a Blackhawks fan through the good and ugly. It just so happened that the Blackhawks ended up winning it all this year. As they were in the finals he explained to me how all of his hockey friends and kids in Chicago he knew were all jumping on the Blackhawks Band Wagon. The night they won there were numerous examples of people on facebook and kids in general being pretend fans. I think this happens a lot more in life than just with sports. For example, my parents have jumped on the bandwagon with smart phones, they don’t need a phone that can do all those things, they don’t even know how to use it. Also, my brother with his new clothing brands he wears just because that’s what everyone at his school wears. I am also guilty of jumping on the bandwagon with certain things. I admit I began wearing the 70’s and 80’s blues brothers sunglasses because I saw many fashionable girls wearing them. It’s so funny how we all change just because it is the “in” thing to do at the time. The money we spend and the sacrifices we make just to all look the same. I think one of my favorite sayings is “You are unique, just like everyone else”.

No comments:

Post a Comment