Sunday, October 17, 2010

Be Stupid. Good Advice?

Diesel is running the "Be Stupid," campaign to promote their brand. I have gone through their website and gone through each "Be Stupid" Advertisement and I haven't really come to the conclusion as to why they are doing this campaign. I am not really sure why they want to associate their brand and products with, being stupid. In my opinion I think that this campaign itself is stupid. Most of the advertisements for this campaign are referring to sexual situations. In most of the ads the models are hardly wearing any clothes. I don't think they are portraying the right image. Although they are advertising to young adults, there are many more creative ways to advertise. I don't see the connection with this campaign to their jeans and I don't feel as if it will result in a positive reaction. This campaign definitely does not make me want to go out and buy Diesel Jeans, it just leaves me contemplating to myself, what were they thinking?


http://www.diesel.com/be-stupid/




No comments:

Post a Comment