Friday, October 1, 2010

It's That Time

The State Fair is finally here! Unfortunately I have no idea what it is like. I have never been, and oddly enough I am from Texas. I think it is about time that made my appearence there but I am a little apprehensive about the thought. Don't get me wrong I love the atmosphere of a fair, and I love all the food they have, but the rides scare me. I have heard so many horror stories regarding fairground rides not functioning properly. I have never rode a fairground ride personally but I feel reluctant to take that risk. As a result of this situation I decided to do a little research about the safety of fairground rides. After all, shouldn't they be just as safe as amusement park rides? As I did my research I found that most accidents that are incurred are because of inproper use of the ride. Many people at the fair are usually under the influence, and they tend to do things that cause themselves to get injured. Every fairground is required to go under inspection just like any other amusement park. The rides are tested to ensure they are safe and durable. The second leading cause in accidents at the fair is inproper set up of the rides. When set up properly all fairground rides should run smoothly, but occasionally they are set up wrong causing problems. After I reading about this I felt much safer about going to the State Fair, I am actually really excited to see what everyone has been talking about! FRIED OREOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment