Friday, October 1, 2010

Turn It Up

I love music. I am always singing the latest song and blasting it in my car with my friends on the way to and from school and everywhere else. I think it’s funny how the dj’s on the radio introduce a song to the audience. They will play the song a couple times and you will hear it and think nothing of it. Before you know it the song is everywhere, movie trailers, ring tones, and it’s become every other song played. I think these dj’s ruin these new great songs by over playing them. I remember a few summers ago, the hottest song was “Best I ever had” by Drake. I was driving and it was on one station, I changed it from the pop station to the rap station and it was there, then I changed it to the Hits station, three stations in a row. It was insane! The Music industry is drilling songs into listener’s heads until they are forced to like it. They need to come up with a better way to make songs more popular. Just because a song is popular at the time doesn’t mean it should be the only song played. I don’t know if it is just me but I’d rather be excited to hear a song on the radio then to feel like I’ve already heard this song a million times. I feel like it destroys the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment