Saturday, October 9, 2010

On Campus or Off Campus?

Many sophomores will come to this question toward the end of their freshman year. Unfortunately many of them will choose off campus. This is a problem I faced last year and in the end I chose to live off campus with my friends. Don't get me wrong I love having my own room and I love my own space to come back too after class, but sometimes I feel we are missing out on what college is about. Despite everything, it depends what college you are attending. For SMU, not many students other than freshman live on campus, simply because their just isn't enough room. Even if you wanted to live on campus as a sophomore, their is not guarantee that there will be enough room for you. Therefore many students prefer just to live off campus. I think it is really important that there is enough room for most students to live on campus because it is so beneficial for them to be involved and active in student life. I realize that I am arguing against a decision I made to live off campus, but the reason I made that decision was because all of my friends decided to move off campus, and the last thing I wanted was to live by myself. Although I try to stay inlvolved on campus, it's difficult to get back to that "college" feeling of when I lived on campus. You only go through the college experience once, you will be living in an apartment or house on your own for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment