Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It Drives Me Crazy

Let's be honest, we all have things that drive us absolutely crazy! I have many of them, but there is one in particular that I just can't stand. Sure I don't like when people smack their gum, chew with their mouth open, or ask me "where the last place I had something was," when I lost something; but over all of those things there is one thing I hate more than anything else. I can't stand it when someone doesn't acknowledge your presence if they see you. It really bugs me that people have become so used to only socializing with their small clicks that they wouldn't dare say hello to you unless you said something to them first. I think our society needs to learn how acknowledge one another. We are all so distant from each other, there is no interaction between people unless absolutely necessary or they happen to be your good friends. There should be nothing wrong with asking someone how they are doing, or how their day is going. People feel so uncomfortable to talk to one another when they don't really know each other. I think it is very unfortunate that this is not considered to be a rude gesture in our culture. It makes people feel excluded and unimportant, and nobody wants to feel that way. I think our society could be so much better off if we all just made a little more effort to acknowledge one another. Imagine how many new friends you could make. Imagine how many people you could make smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment